DIY Tiki Torches Are An Adorable Way To Keep Bugs Away
Summer nights areperfect for lounging out on the porch, looking at the stars, and unwinding. And it’s even better with some friends, some snacks, and maybe a glass of wine.
What it’s not better with, though, are all the curious and hungry bugs that come swooping in for a snack that is, you. These bugs love nothing more than a late-night nibble that makes you itch the next day.
The best solution is to simply keep them away. And luckily, the best way to keep them at bay also looks great and provides some beautiful mood lighting, too!
We already showed you how to create charmingly rustic bug-repelling candles using fresh herbs and fruit, but if you want a look that’s a little more glam, check out these DIY tiki torches.
- narrow-necked glass bottle (like a wine bottle)
- glass marbles
- citronella torch fuel
- torch wick
- Teflon tape
- Fill your empty, clean bottle about 1/3 of the way with glass marbles.
- Fill the bottle to about 2/3 full with torch fuel.
- Insert the wick.
- Wrap the wick with Teflon tape to keep it from falling into the bottle.
- Let the wick soak up some fuel, then light and enjoy!
Watch the video below to see how it’s done and