Heavenly ‘Italian Crazy Bread’ Will Change Your Dinner Table Forever
I cant be completely certain, but I dont think I know a single person who dislikes Italian food.
After all, whats not to like? Between the delicious cheese, aromatic herbs, and flavorful tomato sauce, almost everyone can find something to love, whether its simple pizza or something elaborate like this authentic squid ink pasta dish.
Best of all, next time youre preparing a meal and you realize that theres a gaping hole in your menu, theres always an Italianate solution ready and waiting to step up to the plate.
For example, our favorite recipeat the moment is an old-fashioned deli special, perfect for serving as a side or an appetizer.
Called “Italian Crazy Bread,” its a loaf of crusty bread liberally spiced with garlic, basil, and oregano, and stuffed with even more deliciousness. We guarantee it will have your mouth watering before you even finish reading the recipe!
Click “Print” below to make this scrumptious side for your next pasta and pizza feast.
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. chopped basil leaves
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 Tbsp. pepperoncini brine
- 4 slices Muenster
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 4 slices provolone
- 6 slices salami
- 1 package sliced pepperoni
- Without slicing all the way through the loaf, divide the bread into 12 slices. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine mayo, spices, and brine. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture into each sliced section of the bread.
- Stuff each sliced section with cheese, alternating between the 3 varieties with every slice.
- Stuff each sliced section with meat, alternating between pepperoni and salami.
- If you have extra room, stuff with any leftover meat or cheese.
- Wrap in tinfoil and bake 25 to 30 minutes at 350 F.
- Serve hot and enjoy!