10 Depression-Era Hacks That We Could All Still Embrace Today
For 10 long years between 1929 and 1939, Americans struggled to survive the hardest economic downfall to ever reached an industrialized country.
We read about the Great Depression in our history books, but actually listening to those who lived through it genuinely puts things into perspective. I know my grandparents had it especially hard when their small town in Oklahoma was hit with not only the financial crisis but the Dust Bowl, too.
It’s incredible to think about how much strength folks summoned to bounce back from such immense hardships. I have to admit, looking at all the creative ways they used to thrive in the past listed below, I’m not quite sure I’d be nearly as resilient.
But that doesn’t mean we can’t still benefit from borrowing some of their budget-friendly tricks!
Take a look to see their genius Depression-era hackers and let us know in specific comments if we missed any that you know your family relied on route back when.
And don’t forget to SHARE with your friends!
1. Add Salt To Coffee Grounds
2. Treat Coughs With Onion Syrup
3. Transform Old Fabrics And Materials Into Outfits
4. Hang Wet Sheets Over Doors To Cool Down
5. Put Soap Slivers In A Mesh Bag
6. Never Throw Away Jars
7. Grow Groceries With Old Veggies
8. Add Lentils To Meat Dishes
9. Use Homemade Toothpaste
10. Shave With A Straight Razor